Health & Safety
Carlyles have safe systems of work to ensure that all projects are delivered to the required health and safety standards, both in occupied and non-occupied premises. We meet all the requirements of CDM 2015 as a Principal Contractor and Contractor.
We have a strong commitment to health and safety training, ensuring that our operatives have the required competencies to deliver services to customers safely and professionally. We can reassure customers of the skills and capabilities of each individual employed by carlyles as all valid documentation for all operatives is produced prior to works commencing.
Health and safety training is given to our employees at the very start of their employment, during their company induction, and regularly thereafter during their careers, by means of safety days, external training courses and tool box talks.
Every individual within carlyles has clearly stated roles and responsibilities to meet the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act (HASWA) 1974 and other applicable legislation. All hazards and risks are detailed by a competent person and measures implemented to eliminate or reduce risks to an acceptable level. Our method statements risk assessments on each project are regularly reviewed and monitored in order to ensure high levels of occupational health and safety are maintained at all times.
We control the health and safety risks arising from our work activities by:
- Closely supervising site progress
- Regular unannounced site visits by independent safety consultants (on sites where this is permitted)
- Consulting with our employees on matters affecting health and safety
- Ensuring all employees are competent to do what is asked of them and to give them adequate training
- Providing information, instruction and supervision for employees
- Encouraging two-way feedback from operatives on safety improvements
- Maintaining safe and healthy working conditions
- Providing and maintaining safe equipment
- Ensuring the safe handling and use of substances
- Preventing accidents and cases of work related ill health
- Continually reviewing our systems of work and
- Complying with the current applicable legislation.
carlyles commitment to protecting the health and well-being of its employees and others is of the utmost importance and we are constantly monitoring and looking to improve on the high standards already being achieved.
In addition, we have numerous health and safety accreditations achieved through external audit, to meet the exacting standards of CHAS Achilles Smas construction line to name but a few. We are also long standing members of many professional trade associations to ensure that we remain abreast of any changes in legislation and innovations in safety which we can adopt to continuously improve.